Must do Fall Bucket List
Make the most of the fall season and enjoy all that comes with it! Crisp air, colorful foliage, and pumpkins everywhere – for your fall bucket list. Grab your loved one and head to Cape Cod to try one or all of these inspiring ideas and activities this fall. Here are some of the best things to do this fall:
- Visit a pumpkin patch and pick out the largest pumpkin – just steps away from the Inn at the Congregational church various sizes and shapes of pumpkins are available for sale in the month of October.
- Eat a fall-inspired dish – Cape Cod Restaurant week fall edition starts October 8th through 14th of October. During restaurant week, some of the best restaurants from Falmouth to Provincetown will offer three and four-course fall inspired menus for $25-$35. Some of our favorites are on the list; Del Mar, Blue Fins, Captain Linnell House, Bucas and Ocean House.
- Find Fall decorating ideas – the Chatham Homes by the sea tour will take you inside spectacular fall decorated, private homes in Chatham. The cost is $40 per person from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on October 6th. Reserve tickets prior to the day as the cost will be $45 day of the event.
- Go to a Fall Festival – choose from many Cape Cod festivals Oyster Festival, Oktoberfest or Pumpkin Fest. Wellfleet Oyster Fest October 13-14, 2018 offers arts and crafts shows, live music, cooking demonstrations, educational talks, and Oyster Shuck-Off Competition. Chatham Octoberfest October 20, 2018 – held at Kate Gould Park (a short walk from the Inn), features beer, bratwurst, cupcake contests, Pumpkin People in the Park, life-sized soft sculptures of whimsical characters. Pumpkin People are in the park from the beginning of October to Halloween. The Pumpkin Fest at the Sandwich Glass Museum, visitors can admire an array of one of a kind pumpkins. They are perfect autumn decorations and make great gifts. Admission is FREE.
- Sip warm apple cider – come and join us for a Halloween Inspired afternoon tea on October 31,2018 from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. We will be serving a variety of fall-inspired teas, warm apple cider, petite sandwiches, cookies, and cakes. Learn about The Old Harbor Inn’s encounters with the “afterlife” visitors!!!
- Tour a Cranberry Bog – Cape Cod cranberry bogs are beautiful during harvest time. It’s the best time to stock up on cranberries for baking. Daily tours are offered where you can see the equipment, farm animals and buy locally made cranberry sauces, honey, and dried cranberries.
- Watch a scary movie under a cozy blanket at the Inn – there is no better feeling than being bundled up on a chilly day in one of our luxury rooms. We will supply warm cookies and cider. Our DVD library is full of old classics such as Beetle Juice, Hocus Pocus and The Addams Family.
- Go to a haunted house – walk the haunted streets of Barnstable with a professional ghost hunter (Barnstable Village Ghost Hunter’s Tours). During the three hour tour, attendees will hear haunting tales and have the opportunity to investigate the haunted cemetery. The tours are offered every Monday and Friday nights at 7 p.m. $20/adults
- Take a fall foliage drive down route 6A to see the colorful foliage and go antiquing.