The Old Harbor Inn – Amenities & Policies
The Old Harbor Inn invites you to escape from everyday life and experience the timeless luxury of our Cape Cod accommodations. Our bed and breakfast is located in the beautifully quaint village of Chatham, MA, making it the perfect place to land during your getaway. You will never run out of things to do or sights to see. Please view our amenities and policies before booking your trip!
Guests at our romantic bed and breakfast enjoy complimentary homemade breakfast daily served in our sunny breakfast room. Afternoon wine and cheese receptions, special occasions afternoon tea service, dessert nights, evening turndown, free Wi-Fi, complimentary onsite parking, fitness center are all included in our rates.
All guest rooms are equipped with hairdryers, irons and ironing boards, a welcome snack basket, and refrigerators stocked with complimentary drinks. You will also find a luxurious line of Gilchrist and Soam’s spa amenities in your bathroom as well as plush robes, slippers, and sheets so soft that you might want to take them home!
Complimentary Friday Night Wine and Cheese Reception June-September
At The Old Harbor Inn, it’s a tradition to welcome you back from your day of exploring the best of Cape Cod and Chatham with a relaxed Wine and Cheese reception from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Our Friday night reception features an assortment of local Truro Vineyards ‘wines such as Cranberry Red, Diamond White, and Cape Blush. Cheeseboard with an array of seasonal fruits, jams, nuts and crackers compliments the wide wine selection. Our wine and cheese reception is a wonderful way to meet other guests, chat with the owners and unwind before heading out to enjoy Chatham’s Band’s Concert and one of Chatham’s fine restaurants.
If you enjoyed the wines, we offer complimentary Wine tours and tasting passes for Truro Vineyards. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and Cape Cod Bay, this family-owned business offers a variety of wines and spirits, gift shop, and gourmet food trucks.
The Old Harbor Inn Special Occasions Afternoon Tea Service
Our afternoon tea consists of savory sandwiches, freshly baked scones, and mouthwatering pastries. Afternoon tea is served in our breakfast room from 3:00 – 5: 00 p.m. during Easter, Mother’s Day, Halloween, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and by request.
The Old Harbor Inn Turn Down Service
Complimentary Turndown Service is offered between 7p.m. and 9:00 p.m. to all of our guests. We prepare your bed for a good night’s rest, put chocolates on your pillows, water on your nightstand, and the breakfast menu for the next day.
- Wi-Fi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are not allowed.
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Snack Bar
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Heating and Air Conditioning – FREE
- Honeymoon Suite
- Use of Grounds
- Sun Deck
- Fitness Center – FREE
- Golf Course (within 2 miles)
- Tennis Court
- Mini Golf
- Whale Watching
- Island hopping
- Concierge Service
- Tour Desk
- Express Check-in/Check-out – FREE
- Baggage Storage – FREE
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Newspapers – FREE
- Daily Housekeeping – FREE
- Daily Turndown Service – FREE
- Laundry – FEE-BASED
- Close access to the room, one step or half step to room level (Stage Harbor, Oyster Pond, and Pleasant Bay guest rooms) with parking directly in front. There is no passenger pick-up/drop-off and the parking surface is crushed stone.
- There is a brick walkway to the Stage Harbor Guest Room.
- We have a wide front door and a wide, uncluttered hallway. The other two entrances have stairs.
- The public toilet is handicap-height and has a grab bar. The vanity with the sink is standard height.
- The front door, central lobby, living room, and breakfast room are wide and uncluttered
- There are directional signs for fire exits.
- We have handicap tables in the dining area.
- Pleasant Bay is an accessible-friendly guest room with a step-in shower and handicap toilet. Additional suction-cup grab bars can be installed upon request.
All the rates are per room/per night, single or double occupancy, and include a delectable full breakfast each day. Maximum capacity per room is two persons. Our Port Fortune and Stage Harbor rooms can accommodate three people. There is a $75 charge per night for the third person. State and local tax apply. All rates and policies are subject to change.
- Check-in time: 3:00PM – 7:00PM unless other arrangements are made prior to arrival
- Check-out time: by 11:00AM, please
- Reservations of 1 – 3 nights: Full deposit required.
- Reservations of 4 nights or more: 50% deposit required with the balance due upon arrival.
- A 2-night minimum stay is required from 6/1 – 7/31 and 9/1 – 9/30 and 3-night minimum for all weekends.
- A 3-night minimum stay is required from 8/1 – 8/31 and 4 nights for all weekends.
- A 2-night minimum stay is required from 10/1- 10/31 for all weekends.
- A 3-night minimum stay is required for the weekends of Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Columbus Day.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of deposit.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express traveler’s checks, personal checks, and cash.
- To receive a refund, all cancellations, including shortened stays, must be received 21 days prior to the first day of scheduled arrival.
- All refunds are less a $75.00 processing fee.
- Reservations made within 21 days of arrival are non-refundable.
Children and Pets:
We are sorry to say that we cannot accommodate children under age 12, and there are no facilities for pets on site.
Effective Date: December 2017
This privacy statement applies to www.chathamoldharborinn.com, owned and operated by Old Harbor Inn. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website: www.chathamoldharborinn.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We might amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
What types of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities, or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests, or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you are using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings, and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You can always choose what personal information (if any) you want to provide to us. If you decide not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use, and share your personal information?
- Reservations: We use your personal information to complete and manage your online reservation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to select the accommodations that fit them best.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, mail, phone, or text, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodations again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with our website.
- Legal Purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and manage that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection, and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- BookingSuite: Your personal information may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands (suite.booking.com), the company which operates this website. BookingSuite will provide your personal information to Booking.com for the purposes described above.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may use service providers to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material, or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent Authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection, or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at the email address stated below. Include “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email to speed things up.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Old Harbor Inn, 22 Old Harbor Road, Chatham, MA 02633, United States of America. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, send an email to email@example.com.
Physical Accessibility Statement
Old Harbor Inn was built prior to January 26, 1992 with no major renovations. However, we take equal access very seriously and so we strive to accommodate guests with special needs. While making major modifications are not readily achievable or financially feasible, we have made some modifications to make the Inn more accessible. A list of our accessibility features is available on our Amenities page.
Website Accessibility Statement
The Old Harbor Inn is committed to making our website accessible to people who are differently abled.
We have designed our website to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
We have tested the functionality of this website with the achecker.ca tool and the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We have also tested keyboard only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through the website pages efficiently.
We will continue to make every effort to meet evolving accessibility standards.
If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking an accommodation via our online system, please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you directly.
As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome impaired users to share accessibility issues you may find.
Contact us at the links below.