Stay Small, Stay Safe
Our Response to COVID-19
To our guests, future guests, and friends of The Old Harbor Inn,
We would like to share what we are doing in an effort to keep you as safe as possible while visiting our property. We have always and will continue to have your health and safety as our top priority. This is our home and our efforts are 24/7.
We are monitoring the spread and impact of the virus and will follow any alternate required and recommended actions from Health or Government officials as they are addressed. Please review the following information to ensure best practices are being followed for educating, preventing, and treating COVID-19.
As of Monday, March 22, 2021, all visitors entering Massachusetts are advised to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival. Travelers in the following categories are exempt from this quarantine advisory:
- Travelers who have received a negative COVID-19 result on a test administered not more than 72 hours prior to their arrival in Massachusetts.
- Travelers who are fully vaccinated (i.e. who have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines OR who have received a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, 14 days or more ago) and who do not have symptoms.
Chatham’s health board order requires face coverings between the downtown rotary and School Street between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. Face coverings are also required at the Lighthouse Beach overlook and stairs and on the fish pier observation deck. Violators risk a fine of up to $300.
State law requires workers and visitors at indoor businesses to wear masks if six-foot social distancing is not possible; even if social distancing is possible, the state recommends that face masks in indoor public places.
We have always prided ourselves on the level of cleanliness of our property and have always paid special attention to disinfecting any surfaces where germs are likely to occur as well as spaces that are expected to be cleaned and sanitized. We’ve always been at the forefront of cleanliness, comfort, and meticulous housekeeping. AAA has recognized these efforts, honoring our Inn with the AAA Best of housekeeping Award for 2020.
We will continue to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness in our guestrooms and public areas. Please be reassured that we are doing everything we can to create a clean and safe environment for you during your stay. Face masks, hand sanitizers, Purell wipes, and additional cleaning supplies are readily available and will be placed in your room if requested.
- You will have your choice of housekeeping service: Full-Service, No Service, or Partial Service (set of fresh towels/amenities place in a basket outside the room)
- The kitchen staff is certified in the practice of Serve-Safe techniques
- Rooms are cleaned and disinfected daily. All of our guests will receive a clean-room checklist signed by a manager upon check-in
- All staff will be wearing masks and gloves while interacting with guests, serving food, and cleaning
- Disinfectant stations are located throughout the common areas
All food served at the Inn is prepared by us, personally so that provides us with the confidence that it has been prepared in a healthy, hygienic, and sanitary manner. Our Inn is required to adhere to comprehensive health and safety procedures including all local, state, and federal laws.
- Main Floor Dining: Enjoy breakfast on our sunny deck, front patio, and in our breakfast room where private breakfast tables for two await
- Room Delivery: Enjoy a modified continental breakfast with assorted beverages, juices, baked good, fruit, granola, and yogurt delivered to your guest room
- Breakfast to Go: Enjoy on the go one of our baked goods, whole fruit, yogurt, and a juice of your choice delivered to your room the night before at turndown
- A full contactless check-in option is now available on our website. Simply add it to your reservation. Our rooms Stage Harbor, Oyster Pond, Pleasant Bay, and Ryder’s Cove offer private entrances to comfortably adhere to social distancing protocols.
- Under the Force Majeure circumstances, we have relaxed our Cancellation Policy, to give you flexibility and peace of mind to book your summer vacation. For new and existing reservations, if you need to cancel, you may do so within 14 days of arrival to receive a refund. This policy is in effect until the pandemic has subsided. Our deposit policy remains unchanged.
- For existing reservations, if you would like to reschedule your trip for a future date or apply your deposit toward a gift certificate for a future booking please give us a call at 800-942-4434. Thank you to all of those who have already requested a Gift Certificate or moved to a later date. We are offering a 10% bonus increase to all reservations that accept Gift Certificate for their deposit. If you still wish to cancel your reservation, there will be a $75.00 cancellation fee to cover our credit card processing expenses.
While many things have changed, some things remain the same. We are extremely fortunate to have a location that offers fresh air, plenty of outdoor activities and many sweeping ocean views to take the stress away! Our luxury Inn has only 12 rooms and provides an intimate and exceptional experience for discerning guests who desire the peace, privacy, and extraordinary level of service that can only be found at a small luxury Inn. One of the benefits of our small property is the small number of guests we host. Our ongoing commitment to providing exceptional, gracious service to each and every one of you remains our ultimate goal.
We recognize that these are unsettling times and whether you are traveling now or in the future, we want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our first priority. When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you back to our Award Winning Inn and offer you the extraordinary service you have come to expect!
We are pleased to announce that we are now COVID-19 Precautions for Hotels certified. This certification was developed by the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay Initiative and the Safe Stay Advisory Council Ways to keep guests safer through updated cleaning and disinfecting procedures in both front of the house and back of the house. As we welcome you back, we believe is important to earn your confidence by training our team to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. We want to assure all of our guests that we follow all of the industry-aligned cleaning and safety standards developed and endorsed by hospitality leaders and public health experts.
Stay safe and be well,
Ray & Judy Braz, and the staff at The Old Harbor Inn