Stay Small, Stay Safe
Our Response to COVID-19
To our guests, future guests, and friends of The Old Harbor Inn,
We would like to share what we are doing in an effort to keep you as safe as possible while visiting our property. We have always and will continue to have your health and safety as our top priority. This is our home and our efforts are 24/7.
We have always prided ourselves on the level of cleanliness of our property and have always paid special attention to disinfecting any surfaces where germs are likely to occur as well as spaces that are expected to be cleaned and sanitized. We’ve always been at the forefront of cleanliness, comfort, and meticulous housekeeping.
We will continue to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness in our guestrooms and public areas. Please be reassured that we are doing everything we can to create a clean and safe environment for you during your stay. Face masks, hand sanitizers, Purell wipes, and additional cleaning supplies are readily available and will be placed in your room if requested.
- You will have your choice of housekeeping service: Full-Service, No Service, or Partial Service (set of fresh towels/amenities place in a basket outside the room)
- The kitchen staff is certified in the practice of Serve-Safe techniques
- Rooms are cleaned and disinfected daily. All of our guests will receive a clean-room checklist signed by a manager upon check-in
- All staff will be wearing masks and gloves while interacting with guests, serving food, and cleaning
- Disinfectant stations are located throughout the common areas
All food served at the Inn is prepared by us, personally so that provides us with the confidence that it has been prepared in a healthy, hygienic, and sanitary manner. Our Inn is required to adhere to comprehensive health and safety procedures including all local, state, and federal laws.
- Main Floor Dining: Enjoy breakfast on our sunny deck, front patio, and in our breakfast room where private breakfast tables for two await
- Breakfast to Go: Enjoy on the go one of our baked goods, whole fruit, yogurt, and a juice of your choice delivered to your room the night before at turndown
- A full contactless check-in option is now available on our website. Simply add it to your reservation. Our rooms Stage Harbor, Oyster Pond, Pleasant Bay, and Ryder’s Cove offer private entrances to comfortably adhere to social distancing protocols.
- For existing reservations, if you would like to reschedule your trip for a future date or apply your deposit toward a gift certificate for a future booking please give us a call at 800-942-4434. Thank you to all of those who have already requested a Gift Certificate or moved to a later date. We are offering a 10% bonus increase to all reservations that accept Gift Certificates for their deposit. If you still wish to cancel your reservation, there will be a $75.00 cancellation fee to cover our credit card processing expenses.
While many things have changed, some things remain the same. We are extremely fortunate to have a location that offers fresh air, plenty of outdoor activities, and many sweeping ocean views to take the stress away! Our luxury Inn has only 12 rooms and provides an intimate and exceptional experience for discerning guests who desire the peace, privacy, and extraordinary level of service that can only be found at a small luxury Inn. One of the benefits of our small property is the small number of guests we host. Our ongoing commitment to providing exceptional, gracious service to each and every one of you remains our ultimate goal.
We recognize that these are unsettling times and whether you are traveling now or in the future, we want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our first priority. When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you back to our Award Winning Inn and offer you the extraordinary service you have come to expect!
We are pleased to announce that we are now COVID-19 Precautions for Hotels certified. This certification was developed by the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay Initiative and the Safe Stay Advisory Council Ways to keep guests safer through updated cleaning and disinfecting procedures in both front of the house and back of the house. As we welcome you back, we believe is important to earn your confidence by training our team to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. We want to assure all of our guests that we follow all of the industry-aligned cleaning and safety standards developed and endorsed by hospitality leaders and public health experts.
Stay safe and be well,
Ray & Judy Braz, and the staff at The Old Harbor Inn